1) Please describe your latest book, what about your book will intrigue the readers the most, and what is the theme, mood? Or If you have a blog or project please describe the concept of your project, blog, website
Abuh Monday: My latest book is Piary . It was published in 2019 in Ibadan, a city in Nigeria known for it’s aged lifestyle
and beautiful rooftops. Intrigue? Hmmmm…it is a poetic diary. Who doesn’t want to take a peek at ones
2) What frame of mind and ideas lead to you writing your current book?
Abuh Monday: Basically, Piary , is an anthology of poems that houses the mind blowing experience of poet who tries not
sell his humanity to feminism, sexism, culture, lewdness and a whole lot of things you may want to tag
as frivolous in the society. As a way of spicing up the art of reading and understanding poetry, I gave
explanatory notes for some poems in the anthology.
3) How old were you when you first have become serious about your writing, do you feel your work is always adapting?
Abuh Monday: I really do not know. Sometimes I feel it was the need to hold on to a strong resolve which keeps me
from frivolity but most times, it all comes down to the one who created me. I feel him greatly inspiring. 12 years old, i guess. Yes! It is adapting.me to write, then, I write.
4) What authors, poets, musicians have helped shape your work, or who do you find yourself being drawn to the most?
Abuh Monday: William Shakespeare, Bob Marley, Asa, Buju Banton, Stormzy, Chinua Achebe, Festus Iyayi, Frederick
Forsyth etc The list is quite long but these are the people who inspire me when I write.
5) What other activities do you enjoy doing creatively, or recreationally outside of being a writer, and do you find any of these outside writing activities merge into your mind and often become parts of a poem?
Abuh Monday: Emmm… Podcasting, Singing, and Video/Sound editing. Yes.
6) What is your favorite or preferred style of writing?
Abuh Monday: For that I have no preference. Style to me is based on how I feel. I may end up using a free verse today
and end up with a sonnet or series of couplets with rhyme scheme.
7) Are there any other people/environments/hometowns/vacations that has helped influence your writing?
Abuh Monday: Yes. For each place( city, town or village) that I visit in Nigeria I write. The place that influenced my
writing mostly is Daily Wisdom Words. An online writing community I joined some years ago.
8) What is the most rewarding part of the writing process, and in turn the most frustrating part of the writing process?
Abuh Monday: The most rewarding part of writing is getting thoughts out on paper and the frustrating part of it all is
inability to get it out. It is damn frustrating.
9) How has the current times affected your work?
Abuh Monday: Not so badly, if I must be sincere. It may have limited or changed the focus of humans but all we can do
10) Please give us any links, social media info, upcoming events, etc for your work.
Abuh Monday: Yes. You can read my articles on Daily Wisdom Words and listen to my podcast on poetry on
soundcloud . I am working on my first novel. Three more chapters to go and it’ll be sent for proof reading. Find Abuh Monday on Instagram & Twitter at MondayDPoet